"Transforming an image into a piece of art takes passion. I feel a passion for every piece of art I create, and fortunately I have many passions in my life.
Since I was a young boy, I have been encouraged to express the talents that I have through various artistic outlets. Common scenes evolve into something more as I convey my interpretation of them with different mediums.
I never limit myself or my art and that is why I want to share each unique and individual piece with you so you can have a piece of my passion in your life."
Leon Basler ...
- Native of Ste. Genevieve, MO.
- Attended Southeast Missouri State University, Chicago Art Institute, Chicago Academy of Fine Arts, American Academy of Fine Arts, Chicago.
- Private study under Missouri artists M. Charles Rhinehart, Dhimitri Zonia and Colorado artist Leawn Hlavachick. Worked as a freelance artist for cartoonist Fred Lasswell, who wrote and drew the "Barney Google and Snuffy Smith" cartoon strip. Also studied with Missouri artist Mathew Ziegler.
- Worked as an art director for various agencies throughout the Midwest. Illustrator for McDonnell Douglas Aircraft, art director and product designer for the pen manufacturer Sheaffer Eaton - Textron, also as a pilot/flight instructor, art and pottery teacher for a rehabilitation center for children.
- Currently lives in Bismarck and is presently employed with KLJ Engineering as a visual specialist. Has received national, regional and local recognition for his artwork and designs. His artwork is represented in galleries in SD, ND, WY, CO, WI and MO.
- Local works on display at the Bismarck Veteran's Memorial Public Library, Amber's Dream Sanford Health Center, State Historical Society of ND, KLJ headquarters and Minot Aero Center, Minot, ND.
- Other works on display at The Audubon's and Galleria STE GEN Art, both in Ste. Genevieve, MO; Wyoming Art and Frame, Gillette, WY and Daisy Patch Gallery, Casper, WY; and E.A.A Gorman Art Gallery, Oshkosh, WI.